Summer is mine and my husband’s absolute favorite time of year. It is great for couples because there are so many things to do, especially if you love being outside. For whatever reason, when Summer rolls around, the romance in our relationship gets a little kick in the rear. I love it! We have a lifetime bucket list, most of which we will probably accomplish in the Summer time because Summer is just that good. You and your significant other can go big or keep it small. I say it doesn’t really matter as long as you’re together! I’m here to give you some Summer couple activities for every budget. Warning: we are from Oklahoma, so be prepared for some good ole’ country folk fun in the mix!
Ballin’ on a Budget:
So, you’re ballin on a budget. Who cares?? Dates that are budget friendly are my most favorite dates of all. They are typically more intimate, more fun, and make me worry a whole lot less about how much our date is taking from our grocery allowance for the month, which is nice.
- Go camping – one of our favorite places in Oklahoma is Beaver’s Bend
- Go hiking – Oklahoma has some wanna-be mountains. Go climb them!
- Go kayaking – renting a kayak is usually pretty cheap anywhere you go
- Go fishing – if it’s public land, make sure you have your licenses!
- Visit a water park – nothing says love like a big wedgie right?
- Visit a theme park – You’ll figure out real quick who has the biggest ‘cajones’ in the relationship
- Go to the zoo – all sorts of fun events happen at the OKC zoo
- Go to a baseball game – even if you’re not a fan, that atmosphere is still fun!
- Go mudding – so. much. fun. especially if you have access to a jeep
- Go shooting – most shooting ranges are free, all you have to do is buy the ammo!
- Cookout – nothing says Summer like a cookout, lawn chairs, and a cold drink
- Go garage sale-ing (that’s definitely not a real word lol) – find some fixer upper projects to do together
- Go on a picnic to watch the sunset – cliche, but still so romantic
- Go watch a drive-in movie – be sure to bring jumper cables in case your car battery dies while you’re there like ours did! True story.
- Visit an aquarium – Oklahoma has an awesome aquarium in Jenks!
- Ride horses – this can be really fun and romantic if you have a good horse!
- Go for sno cones – this is a MUST for Summer! Sno cone dates are the best!
- Take your dogs to the river for a swim together! – that is, if you have dogs
- Make sand plum jelly together – time consuming, but fun!
- Go to a rodeo – bull riding, two-stepping, and beer. Need I say more?
- Play sports – Tennis, Soccer, Football, Basketball, Baseball, whatever!
- Be a tourist in your home town – this doesn’t have to cost much, and it can be a lot of fun!
- Plant a garden – flowers or veggies?
- Make ice cream – store bought ice cream pales in comparison to homemade
- Go stargazing – again, cliche, but romantic
- Go to the horse races – bet a couple $$ and see who wins
- Start a DIY project together – building, refurbishing, painting, whatever!
- Paddle boats – we’ve had many good conversations while paddle boating
Livin’ the High Life
So, maybe you have a little more cushion in your bank account. Treat yo self! Here are a few of our favorites.
- ROAD TRIP!! – road trips are my FAVORITE! I love that you can make a road trip fit any kind of budget
- Fancy dinner – we love to go to OKC to eat a fancy dinner and walk around Bricktown afterwards. Our fanciest dinner yet has been The Vast for our 3 year anniversary (Thanks Babe)
- Visit the beach – This can be an inexpensive date idea if you live close to a beach, however, if you live in Oklahoma it becomes more of a vacation.
- Vacation – some of our favorite vacation spots are in Colorado, any type of beach, Table Rock Lake, and Mexico
- Get Scuba certified and go for a dive – this one can get up there price wise, but it is sooooo much fun, especially in tropical locations
- Go to a concert – We aren’t frequent concert goers, but we have been to a few. Brad Paisley is our favorite!
- Set off fireworks – this can get expensive depending on how big you like your fireworks…. my husband likes them really big, really loud, and really explosive
- Hire a photographer – taking couples photos can be really fun, and it’s always nice to have high quality pictures of the two of you
- Get massages – I will never forget the first time I convinced my husband to get a professional massage. He was totally weirded out by them in the beginning, but now he talks about getting them all the time!
- Rent a cabin for a weekend – sometimes it’s nice to just get away, and have some alone time
Now that you know a few of our favorite Summer date ideas, I’d love to hear some of yours! Subscribe to my blog and leave a comment below about what you and your significant other do in the Summer time. We may just try it for ourselves! 🙂